Thursday, April 12, 2012

My take on Olive Garden Breadsticks

Let me first say, I LOVE Olive Garden's Breadsticks. It is really the reason I go there. My daughter Madison loves their salad. My husband loves all their food. And well Brooklynn is just along for the ride. She would prefer somewhere like McDonald's (YUCK)! I really don't need anything else but the breadsticks. But lately, they haven't been as good as normal. Not enough butter, not enough garlic. Just something is off!

 So I decided I would make my own! That way I would have them just like I liked them!! So here is the recipe:

Combined the following ingredients in a mixing bowl. I used my Kitchenaid mixer with dough hook.
1 1/3 cups of water
4 tsp margarine (you can use butter if you prefer)
4 cups of flour
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp yeast

Mix all ingredients together for approximately 2 minutes. I know I am done when it looks like a nice ball. Once it is done mixing, shape into breadstick pieces and lay on a cookie sheet. Remember that the breadstick will rise, so it will be wider and fatter than how you shape them. Once you have them all shaped, cover with towel(s) and place in a warm spot. Let them rise for 45 minutes.

You will now get out

4 Tbsp Margarine
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1Tbsp Garlic Powder

After the 45 minutes, Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is preheating, put the 4 Tbsp of margarine into a microwavable container. Microwave just until it starts to melt. Using a pastry brush coat each breadstick with melted margarine, then sprinkle with kosher salt and garlic powder. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. (If you breadsticks are wider/fatter than normal breadsticks, it could take up to 20 minutes.)    When done remove from oven, brush with margarine again and enjoy!!


I will post a main dish, cheesy pepperoni pasta soon.  It goes with these perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment